Strategic asset in the digital society
There are over 330 million domain names registered in the world. With the 2014 launch of the new top level domains (new gTLDs), the number is increasing rapidly.
The domain name is a valuable asset, which in cases can be comparable to trademark rights. At the very least, the domain name is an important communication tool, which is used strategically in every business. In cases of third party bad faith registration and use, or other conflicts between trademarks and domain names, it is essential to react quickly in order to minimize the risk of possible market damage, bad will or other financial damage.
Gulliksson possesses extensive knowledge and experience of the special legal, financial and commercial conditions that apply to the protection and management of domain names. We have long-standing and close collaboration with leading domain name registrars. Gulliksson is also part of the Swedish panel for dispute resolution (ATF) administered by The Internet Foundation in Sweden (IIS).
Our domain name services includes:
- Domain name dispute resolution, incl. UDRP and national proceedings
- Domain name transfer negotiations, including domain name transfer agreements and management of transfer through escrow
- Domain name strategies
- Domain name portfolio management
- Domain name monitoring services
- Applications for Trademark Clearinghouse (new gTLDs)